If you are considering investing in disability insurance, you may not know where to start or how to make sure that you choose the best disability insurance plan for your unique situation and needs. If this is the case, we at Steve Heyman Insurance have you covered. We’ll be giving you some tips on how to choose the best disability insurance to ensure your health and safety.
Tips on how to choose the best disability insurance
- Determine whether you’ll be using an individual plan or an employer-funded plan (you can do this by reviewing the terms of each to see which plan you think would serve your specific needs the most)
- Pay attention to the details of how your premium will be calculated
- Determine whether you will need to add on “cost of living” benefits to your plan
- If the collection time of a plan is too far out, choose a plan that offers a sooner collection time so that you can begin receiving your benefits as soon as possible
- Be sure to check how often you’ll be able to renew your plan
Now that you are more aware of the various things to look for when choosing disability insurance, we hope the process seems less daunting. If you have any further questions, please contact us or book a consultation!